All students are set homework to reinforce and extend their classroom learning, as per our vision set out in the document below:
Please view the information video below for further details on Homework at Fitzharrys School.
Homework Support - at Home
Young people often lead busy lives with lots of competition for their time. To support them with independent study, parents and carers can:
- Log in to Epraise (our online homework record) for updates on homework tasks and deadlines.
- Encourage your child to get into a routine of doing homework early, ideally on the day that it is set.
- Encourage your child to ask their teacher for additional help or guidance if they are unsure of what they need to do, making sure that this contact is in advance of the set deadline.
- Provide a quiet and comfortable place for your child to do their homework, free from potential distractions such as television, mobile phones, or social media.
- Direct them to our Period 6 sessions and our Homework Club, where students have the opportunity to access spaces on-site for homework support between 8am-4pm.
- Check any completed work to ensure it reflects their best efforts.