Uniform helps to create a sense of community and equality and there is a compulsory uniform for students in years 7-11 at Fitzharrys School. The Headteacher reserves the right to send students home who are not appropriately dressed.
Please note: our school tie is only available at Fitzharrys School - over the counter in Student Services. As the school has now moved to a cashless system, we politely request that payments for ties are made online through via the Accounts tab on ParentMail.
The list below details our uniform, with all starred* items available online from our supplier: Price & Buckland. The cost of uniform is displayed by each item on the Price & Buckland website. The online ordering service allows you to view and order uniform 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Orders are usually dispatched to a personal address within 5 working days although times will be extended during the busier months (June- September). There is also an option to have deliveries sent to Fitzharrys, which can save on costs. Please note, Fitzharrys cannot receive any deliveries during the school holidays. Read this information on Price & Buckland deliveries for full details.
Student Services holds a full collection of sample school blazers, jumpers and summer polo shirts in all sizes; students are very welcome to try these on for size.
Fitzharrys' Student Services office also holds a stock of second-hand uniform which can be purchased for a small donation. You are welcome to contact us at any time during the school year if you are interested in purchasing items second-hand; our office manager will be able to let you know what we have in stock. Alternatively, second-hand uniform is made available at periodical after-school sales - notifications for these sales are emailed in advance to all parents and carers.
Standard School Uniform
- School tie (available from Fitzharrys School only)
- Black blazer with the Fitzharrys School logo*
- Plain white school shirt with white buttons and collar. No logos or blouses
- Black smart, tailored trousers - strictly no logos, embroidery, jeans, combats or cargoes
- Plain black formal knee-length skirts - examples of acceptable skirt styles are strictly A-line, pleated or skater and must not be tight-fitting
- Plain grey/black/white socks
- Black/natural tights
- Sensible black shoes - trainers may only be worn for PE lessons
Summer Uniform (Terms 5-6 only)
- Optional blue school polo shirt with Fitzharrys badge* replaces shirt, tie and blazer
- Optional blue V-necked jumper with Fitzharrys School logo*
- Optional black tailored shorts* (only through Price & Buckland)
- Navy blue shadow shorts* (shadow stripe)
- Navy/sky blue PE polo shirt with Fitzharrys School logo*
- Navy blue/white long sleeve sports shirt*
- White ankle socks
- Navy blue rugby/football socks*
- Non-marking training shoes (cushion sole)
- Outdoor trainers
- Football boots
- Plain, dark/neutral coloured outer coat - strictly no hoodies/tracksuit tops; other non-uniform coloured sweatshirts are not acceptable as outside coats
- School bags should be an appropriate size to carry key belongings and offer protection to the items they carry inside; strictly no handbags or extra small sports bags
- Boys should be clean shaven
- Hair should be a natural colour
- Watches are permitted
- No jewellery is permitted excepting one stud in the lobe of each ear
- Facial piercings (any type) are not permitted
- High-heels are not permitted - for health and safety reasons
- Discreet make-up may be worn in Years 10 and above
- Extremes of fashion in clothes, hair or styles of dress which cause offence or are unsafe are not acceptable
We believe our uniform code makes appropriate allowances for the cultural and religious traditions. Parents should discuss the necessity for any variation to the code with the Headteacher. Read our Uniform Policy for more information.
More information can be found on our Expectations webpage, including a suggested Equipment list.